Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yearning for Spring = Shorts in Winter





Okay, so it's definitely still cold out, but being that I'm a Jersey girl, I have very little patience especially when it comes to spring finally arriving after this brutal winter we've had. I'm so impatient that I just had to rock some shorts today. I'm actually not the biggest fan of shorts (you'll only see me in skirts and dresses all summer), but these silk Theory shorts are a dream come true. It's as if all the happiness and comfiness of wearing yoga pants was combined with the opulence of wearing luxurious silk pajamas to create these shorts. I personally think they look better with tights, which appropriately dresses them up, but they can definitely be worn with a sexy black pointed-toe pump. I also tried a trend that I've been a little skeptical of - layering necklaces. Who wants to deal with the annoyance of untangling your necklaces all day?! Surprisingly, I found that it wasn't quite as much of a pain as I had expected. These necklaces have thick enough chains that there was no need to break out a safety pin and untangle some knots.

Blouse: similar   Coat: Barney's (old) - similar   Shorts: Theory (old) - similar & similar   Boots: Nine West - similar   Nails: Deborah Lippmann - "Groove is in the Heart"

0 comments:

Post a Comment